Hello and salutations! I've lurked on this site from time to time throughout the years due to all the intriguing talent. I am most impressed with the cornicopia of skill and styles collected here for our viewing pleasure. As a dabbler and practitioner of these arts myself, I have finally mustered the will to officially register and partake of this creative genius; which of course has led to a few simple questions I was hoping the admins, moderators or affluent members might be able to address.

Although this site is rather straightforward in its desired intent, map-making is far opposed to cartography. Either based in fantasy realms or based on real world environments, cartography usually implies land or sea as its targeted subject, wherein the word cartography entails ANY form of mapping. Which brings me to my first question:

1. Is Neural Network Mapping considered Cartography here?
2. What about software/program-flow diagraming/mapping?
3. What about electrical schematics?
4. DNA Mapping?
5. Hereditary maps?

Although I have no desire to post such maps (as of yet), I do see how, in the future, all of these disciplines will align into a superimposed form of science (even when dealing with fantasy subject matter, such as plug and play maps). These are but a few questions i pose to the community for now. I have a fantastic project I'm working on and hope to share some of those previews on this forum soon. Thanks in advance and nice site you have here btw - I'm in awe of the talent presented herein. Until next time, may your pen's ink never expire!