Thread: Kingdom of Tulence map

Map Kingdom of Tulence map

Hi All

This is a map that I have just completed, if you want to view the work in progress thread it is here. This map was done with pen on paper then coloured with pencil. The region itself is a setting that I created for a DnD campaign that I ran a few years ago. I originally mapped it in two parts, the northern and southern halves of the Kingdom. The scan of the map caused some of the colours to become a bit washed out unfortunately, particularly the water in the southern part of the map.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tulence_final_CLR.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	125608

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really nice map! I like the color palette that you have used and how you have merged the labels and cities together across the map. Really nice!

Nice hand drawn map! I like the labels and icons and the overall layout.

Scanning a drawing is sometimes really painful and the washing out of colours is hard to prevent. It may help to adapt the scanner settings or modify the scan in Gimp or Photoshop. Sometimes you get better results when taking a photography with good lighting (and camera) than a scan.
    www.orbigraphia.com - More maps also in instagram @orbigraphia

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something very charming and authentic in this map. A lot of good elements, too ! I would just make sure, in future maps, to make the trees less "in line" in the forest, as the pattern catch the eye and distract from the most important ^^
    Good job, Wminish !

Perfectly agree with what was said. The color palete and this hand draw style make this map really charming.

Nice work!