Thread: The Hollows - Commissioned Work

Guild Novice

Post The Hollows - Commissioned Work

Hello all! I have definitely been missing out on posting to this forum! I’m going to make a conscious effort to post more!

Here is a finished commissioned piece I did a few months back.

When the spirits laid waste to the world during the Great Wakening of 1925, they spared a few pockets of humanity—including a small region of what was then northeastern Kentucky. Afterward, the people who lived there named their newly isolated homeland “the Hollows.”

The Hollows is an area based in the Kentucky region in the US, although set in an alternate universe. The area is populated by survivors of the Great Wakening. The are is surrounded by small mountains, or “knobs.”

This map was fairly straightforward and involved minimal complications. I really focused my attention on the border elements and the compass. These were the elements which my client wanted to shine, as to bring out the atmosphere of the book, which was described as “Appalachian Steampunk Ghostbusters.” I am not going to deny the amount of fun I had implementing these aesthetics into the map, along with a lot of free rein given to me by the client.

The mountain style, although not my favorite, gets the point across without taking itself too seriously I think.

I really do like how this map turned out, and the client absolutely adores it, so I suppose it’s a win!

Do let me know your thoughts! I’d love the feedback!

Cheers!
    LeslieAnn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E7E7FA6-1B09-4E67-B8AF-E90139822A07.jpeg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	125546

Nicely done. The lantern is a nice touch and very well drawn.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

The attention given to the border and other elements shows! A very nice layout. I'm not a huge fant of the font, but otherwise the look is pretty solid.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Well done! This is a good map! Great border!

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project ~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Very nice map!
    The frame and general steampunk/far west feel are a success. I can't help myself to think it could be even better with colour, though.