Hello all! I have definitely been missing out on posting to this forum! I’m going to make a conscious effort to post more!

Here is a finished commissioned piece I did a few months back.

When the spirits laid waste to the world during the Great Wakening of 1925, they spared a few pockets of humanity—including a small region of what was then northeastern Kentucky. Afterward, the people who lived there named their newly isolated homeland “the Hollows.”

The Hollows is an area based in the Kentucky region in the US, although set in an alternate universe. The area is populated by survivors of the Great Wakening. The are is surrounded by small mountains, or “knobs.”

This map was fairly straightforward and involved minimal complications. I really focused my attention on the border elements and the compass. These were the elements which my client wanted to shine, as to bring out the atmosphere of the book, which was described as “Appalachian Steampunk Ghostbusters.” I am not going to deny the amount of fun I had implementing these aesthetics into the map, along with a lot of free rein given to me by the client.

The mountain style, although not my favorite, gets the point across without taking itself too seriously I think.

I really do like how this map turned out, and the client absolutely adores it, so I suppose it’s a win!

Do let me know your thoughts! I’d love the feedback!

Cheers!
LeslieAnn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E7E7FA6-1B09-4E67-B8AF-E90139822A07.jpeg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	125546