Hi Guild members,

I'm drawing map since 6 month now, and I basicelly only follow tuto's, advices or try to map like some of other cartographers (most of them are in this guid, big thanks to all of you)

Now I feel it's time to try my first big project.

It's an European alternative history I'm currently Creating as I draw it. My objectiv is to really take my time and draw this as best as I can.

As always, please feel free to give advice and feedback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201102_130454.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	125872

This is my frame (A2 size) and small maps I use as references.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201104_115425.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	125873

First nation design:

CELTIC LEAGUE

After the crash of the crown in 1902, The Celtic league seized the opportunity of a weak England and complicated European diplomacy to gain independence.

As a federation, the Celtic league has no leader but an assembly of elected officials from the 6 provinces, they meet in Dublin, the capital.
Howard Grubb's work (he had the world's largest known telescope built on Parliament square) and the will of the league make it one of the most scientific nation. The industry is also functioning well and the fast way to America is comming with the construction of the steamer Celtitanic which began in early 1910.

The Celtic League retains old Druidic principles and decides to let the forest grow instead of agriculture. They then became very dependent on the import of food from other European powers.