Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge - Pyramid Circus

Thanks, Ilanthar!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

That's a very good idea, the poster gives the whole map a total other dimension !
    Now it's joyful and funny !

Brilliant, making all these tokens. That must have been a ton of work!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    That's a very good idea, the poster gives the whole map a total other dimension !
    Now it's joyful and funny !
    Thank you, yes, I looked at several existing posters to figure out what catch phrases to put on it and imply in the periphery that the experience is a bit seedy. Like the shooting star that points out "best *5gp* show in town" lololol. I think it pushes the final 'art' piece to a whole new level even if it's not the best one for a DM to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Brilliant, making all these tokens. That must have been a ton of work!
    A whole new dimension has been summoned by Jo's comment, lol.

Yes it was. x_x They're kinda crappy but that's because I was aggressively powering through overachieving and making each critter sort of unique. I realized that was too large of a task so I just made a few different color schemes of the same poses though. Even that took ages, haha. I think the elephant was the hardest. I have a cat that looks like a lion so I had a rough idea of how to pose one, and I just applied that mental image to all the other animals, but the elephant was totally unusual for me. Well, it was what Bogie requested! Had to make sure the Bogiemeister had everything required to run this session!

The only detail I didn't add I realized is that the dwarf golem should have been smoking a cigar and the elephant rider needs to have a bow. I don't know if I'll get that tonight. Maybe. I read through the piece for the DM so many times.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Thank you. Yes, that's why I created a semi-unique animal for the entire rundown of animals, so that way if a PC gets attached, they can indeed free / steal / liberate / cause a stampede and the DM should have the ability to indicate which one.
    Definitely a good thought, players come up with all kinds of ideas. Funny enough, the very last session we left on a cliff hanger mid battle, we had our ranger Wild Empathy a bunch of caged dinosaurs into a stampede in this Yuan-Ti temple we're ransacking. Good times.

IR

Amazing Tiana!! and I love the Circus Poster presentation! Takes it to a whole new level!! Thank you!!

Thank you, Adfor! You're welcome, Bogie, glad you like it and let me know if you run into any problems/missing parts in setup.

Should be good with all those tokens!

Wow, now that's definitely a novel idea for a map! What a fun challenge, and one you've tackled well Tiana. Nice work on this one.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123