Thread: Wrenhollow (or what's left)

Map Wrenhollow (or what's left)

A finished map and me, just wanting to destroy something of mine so that I can re-build it. I've attached the original illustrated map of a little place that was once Wrenhollow. The text is a bunch of rpg-speak that can be ignored, if you wish. The map(s) are a faux-iso style. I have no idea what faux-iso is, but I've seen it used to describe some of my maps. I like the descriptor, so I'm sticking with it .

Essentially it's a space where Player Characters, and the viewer, can roam. A few interesting sites and the rest is just hours and hours of dead trees. Some of my maps run a thin line between illustration and actual map. But my philosophy is simple – if it gets you from Point A to Point B, it's a map. Everything else is gravy. The details I've added are moot unless there's at least a couple of points and a clear way of getting from one to the other. And here's me running the thin line between engaging and rambling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goblin-Hall-Wrenhollow-1.png 
Views:	513 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	126246 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goblin-Hall-Wrenhollow-2.png 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	126247

Wow, that's an interesting style. Solid, well drawn, and with an eye-catching composition. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really well done! Those details and the style are amazing. I can see what you mean about dead trees though!

Excellent! You have an interesting way to do the rocks & mountains.