Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec '20 Lite Challenge: Creation Time!

Default Nov/Dec '20 Lite Challenge: Creation Time!

We have made a lot of maps recently, this month let's try creating some art to enhance our maps!

Nov/Dec '20 Lite Challenge: Creation Time!

Your mission is to create a Map Compass, a Cool Border, a Scroll Banner, or a Fancy Legend.
    OR any or all of the above. These mapping objects should be in .png format with a transparent background, so that anyone can copy/paste them onto a map.

Please do remember to title each thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at voting time, which might hurt your chances. )
    Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.
    If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of December, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this month's challenge will receive, appropriately enough, a circular silver compass, demonstrating his or her all-around coolness.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, December 14th
    Last edited by Bogie; 11-22-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Sounds like fun! Not sure which I will do but count me in!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hey Bogie, just remember to archive the previous challenge threads.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Specifically this is a challenge to create a stock element that can be used by anyone else in the future?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Just for clarification, if doing multiple assets they should be put in the same image for the challenge, but they can be offered as separate entities elsewhere? PNGs tend to take up more space than JPEGs but JPEGs can't be transparent so I think the PNG format will limit the resolution.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Specifically this is a challenge to create a stock element that can be used by anyone else in the future?
    Yes that is correct. You can specify if you will allow unlimited use or just personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Just for clarification, if doing multiple assets they should be put in the same image for the challenge, but they can be offered as separate entities elsewhere? PNGs tend to take up more space than JPEGs but JPEGs can't be transparent so I think the PNG format will limit the resolution.
    Yes, each item should be posted in a final format as a separate png file so they can be downloaded and used, but for the last post of the challenge all of them need to be in one file that can be png if size allows or all jpg on a plain background.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Yes that is correct. You can specify if you will allow unlimited use or just personal use.
    Well, obviously you know what my terms of use are, LOL, INFINITE SHARING, but thank you for clearing up for everyone else.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Artisan

Thank you for all the posts here, I had forgotten about this challenge. I saw it the day it went up and drafted at some ideas, and forgot about.
    Worse, last night, during the game, I was just messing around with displacement modifiers in walls, when I could have been doing this.

But now I have different ideas.

Looking forward to seeing what you make, Kier.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Ugh, borders are so time-consuming. I'll see what I can cook up, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast