Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge: The Kingdom of Valmadar

By - JO -
    Very good idea, these plateaus and canyons. It is a particularity which brings a small original touch to these regions of the East... It's a great way to tell exciting stories as we approach the kingdom of Valmadar, with a little bit of mystery. Excellent!

Small question: wouldn't an additional fort be welcome on the peninsula that guards the narrowest part of the arm of the sea that separates Valmadar and the large southern territory (between the lighthouse and the other fort)? It is just a question.

Edit : the story of this kingdom must be written, some day ! You managed a perfect place to inspire epic legends !
    Thanks! I did some more plateaus and finished the taïga (huzzaa!!).
    I placed a fort in the location you're talking about, but it's a placeholder because I intend to a special fortress here.

Well, if it is inspiring you a story, it's necessary partly yours. You gave me the initial script
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valmadar.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	6.22 MB 
ID:	126939

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

My God ! What a taïga! You have to have the patience of a monk to achieve that !
    But it’s worth every minute you spent on it !

And now, I’m looking forward for this special fortress !

The map is just perfect ! Congratulations for the job done so far !

Guild Artisan

Obviously, I love the dragons. I mean come on. But the land is really coming together. Looking great.

Thanks, - JO - & Kier !

I did a bit more. Not so convinced by my "fortress on each side of the strait" thing... We don't really see the dragon facing us. I'll see if I can do better, or I'll try to improve it with colours.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Valmadar.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	6.25 MB 
ID:	126969

It's taking shape! We're see now very well what it's going to look like on the map of the kingdom, and it's superb!

As for the fortresses on both side of the strait, I think we can see them well, and as they are the symbols of the fortresses, there's not too much misunderstanding possible? Unless you want to give a special "mission" to these fortresses there, and thus a different appearance, for me they are fine as they are

The fortresses do look good, and the dragons seems to watch over the see entrance.

Very good job stil!

Thanks guys. I haven't done much more (must say I'm not at my best, probably due to the cold weather...).

I did a second try on the fortress, only Valdamar side, with "Mont Saint-Michel" in mind... gone a bit overboard and did it more iso (clashing with the rest maybe)...

@ - JO - : what do you think/prefer?
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Valmadar v2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	6.32 MB 
ID:	126997

I won’t be the one who says you should not draw a big fortress ...

I love it, and what a better inspiration than the Mt St Michel ?

I was not too distracted by the iso perspective, as I saw it more like a plan than a symbol.

Anyway I hope you’ll soon feel better... even if warmer days are not scheduled... we had some snow here for the past two days. I hope you’ll have some sun to warm your days !

Edit : the salamander seems to have found it’s right place, a nice spot surrounded by illuminations ! I hope it feels like home

Just keeps getting better & better.

Damn, that border is looking fabulous already. Nothing wrong with the map itself, but the border keeps stealing my gaze.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast