Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge: The Kingdom of Valmadar

The guild is the best support team ever . So good for motivation (each time I do a challenge, I got hooked by this).

Still no colours, sorry, but I can see the end of the drawings for soon... (tomorrow with luck).
    Hope you'll like the new additions, JO.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valmadar.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	6.65 MB 
ID:	127147

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Everything takes shape... it's impeccable! The desert will be very nice, the big forest in the south too... and the thumbnails at the bottom promise nice surprises, as it starts ! The face of the dragon ! Priceless !!!
    And, tell me, isn't there a subtle allusion to Geneva in the second coat of arms ? Or is it by chance that the eagle and the key are here ? (well, the dragon ate the eagle, but we don't blame him... you should never blame a dragon)

Oh ... and the viaduct! Unbelievable... I had missed it! That kind of detail makes the whole thing taste great ! (viaduct or aqueduct?)

I wasn't completely satisfied with dragon head (it's so much easier to draw from a side), so relieved you find it to your taste.
    And yes for the Geneva allusion (answer to your own wink ). The global colors of the regions (and kingdom) will be black, red and gold. I will place reference/part of dragons on every regional coat of arms.

And yup, viaduct or aquadecut, whatever you prefer .
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	35 
Size:	6.68 MB 
ID:	127148

You’re speaking to my heart there ! I love the coat of arms of Geneva and it’s colors !

I understand you’re over with the linework?
    Last edited by - JO -; 12-15-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Now I should be done with the linework & base shading of the map.

Hope you'll like the other coat of arms .
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	32 
Size:	6.72 MB 
ID:	127194

This is so elaborate, it must be taking a tremendous amount of work. Can't wait to see it shaded and coloured.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in awe of the amount of hours and attention to detail.

- E
    Content available for use under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

Thanks a lot guys ! And yes, I'm spending time on it, but hey, the competition is fierce .

Always worried about this stage... Here are some tests. I lighten a bit the sea.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	61 
Size:	6.80 MB 
ID:	127204

Hello !
    Excellent choice for coats of arms! It's varied, and the symbolism is very present. It will look really good on the whole map.
    As for the colours, I think it's very good: they're very present, strong enough but not too much. If I'm not mistaken, it would be one of your maps where the colours are the most present?

Wow! Adding color promises to be awesome! Nice coats of arms, the whole composition looks admirable.

I guess the competition is fierce because you set a very high level ^^

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast