So, looks like I'm teaming with - JO - this year!

I sent me this brief (roughly) :

"The theme would be a map of a kingdom (or a region of that kingdom) that has the geographic particularity of being the habitat and breeding place of dragons. It could be a kingdom perched at the top of a mountain range (like Nepal) or also a peninsula on the edge of the ocean, or a northern island... it's up to you and your drawing preferences....
In the world in which this country is situated, dragons are intelligent animals, endowed with magic, but without being "superior beings". The kingdom in question has learned, over thousands of years, to live in harmony with the dragons and to tame them, in a way, even though one is never completely in control of one's dragon. This know-how is the first economic resource of the country: the training and export of dragons.
But it also makes this country a target... neighboring kingdoms, and even large distant empires, dream of taking control of the place and its inhabitants, in order to seize this precious resource (military and economic). A covetousness that led the kingdom to build a whole network of fortresses, walls and castles, in order to defend its borders and the accesses to its core : the external accesses of the kingdom (passes, ports, isthmuses, etc.), the main cities, the places where dragons live and breed.
The technological level of the world is comparable to the Middle Ages as we know it. Militarily, no gunpowder yet, but crossbows, trebuchets, etc., are used."

So, I'm thinking of a mountainous peninsula with fjords.
### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragonland.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	126374

Comments are more than welcome ;-)