Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge: The Kingdom of Valmadar

Easier in french

Je me suis mal exprimé : je veux détailler la fonction de chaque région en mettant cela sur la deuxième partie du parchemin, sous le nom de chaque région mais sous les blasons (donc sur le cadre, en bas) .

So we have more or less the same ideas :-)

As for the "coherence", I think it's mainly due to the fact I'm using the same brush at the same size for everything.

OK, I think the drawing of the frame is done...
    Let's gonna focus on the map !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valmadar.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	6.12 MB 
ID:	126849

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Easier in french

Je me suis mal exprimé : je veux détailler la fonction de chaque région en mettant cela sur la deuxième partie du parchemin, sous le nom de chaque région mais sous les blasons (donc sur le cadre, en bas) .

So we have more or less the same ideas :-)

As for the "coherence", I think it's mainly due to the fact I'm using the same brush at the same size for everything.
    Oui, effectivement, plus facile en Français ! Effectivement on est tout à fait d'accord ! Excellent !

And I'm learning things here : same brush, same size for everything, that means you work a lot with the pressure, isn't it ?

That I should try ! thanks !

It's amazing how the visual impression changes once the frame is complete! It wasn't missing much at the last WIP, but with this one, it makes all the difference.
    I really like the way the border is very present, loaded with graphic elements that make sense (and are themselves very beautiful).
    Now that it's finished, the map in the center is also eye-catching because it's less loaded. It's very nice graphically, I think!

Your work on this map is so good! I can't wait how it turn out by the end.

Also make me feel a bit shy about my own map for this challenge

You guys are doing such amazing maps!

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

What's the lore in this world, if I may make so bold as to ask?

By - JO -
    And I'm learning things here : same brush, same size for everything, that means you work a lot with the pressure, isn't it ?
    I'm generally doing this for the drawing part. But I'm using other brushes for the shading if you wondered .

@Antoine.L : don't be! Your current WIP is a goldmine, I'm pretty sure you'll do an awesome map too .
    @mapmage : there's a brief in the first post of this thread. To put it in a nutshell, the Valmadar kingdom has the unique know-how of raising & training dragons and is protecting its secrets from its envious neighbours.

Work of the day. Some more work on the lands and tests about villages/cities of the 2 neighbours.
    The blue is just a test... And I'm already regretting that big Taïga...
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	45 
Size:	6.10 MB 
ID:	126871

I like the cities and villages for the neighbours country. It’s easy to spot the difference!

As for the taïga, I feel your pain...

Another scroll for additional text or legend might save you ?

And the blue suits me, it’s consistent with your usual palette, that I like too

Glad you like the icons ! And don't worry, I'm gonna deal with this taïga.

Did a little more.

@ - JO - : what do you think of my plateaus in the East?
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	46 
Size:	6.14 MB 
ID:	126893

Very good idea, these plateaus and canyons. It is a particularity which brings a small original touch to these regions of the East... It's a great way to tell exciting stories as we approach the kingdom of Valmadar, with a little bit of mystery. Excellent!

Small question: wouldn't an additional fort be welcome on the peninsula that guards the narrowest part of the arm of the sea that separates Valmadar and the large southern territory (between the lighthouse and the other fort)? It is just a question.

Edit : the story of this kingdom must be written, some day ! You managed a perfect place to inspire epic legends !

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast