Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge: Arriwis & Lyndel

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon here but this perspective is absolutely lovely!
    Thanks a lot ! Even if I must admit I’m lucky... For this map, the perspective seems Ok, but usually I fumble with perspective and scale...

New update : I worked on the details, the towns, villages and castles.
    And I make a proposal for the border.
    @Ilnathar : It's a bit rushed, but if you like it, I'll pay more attention to the details. Tell me what you think?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arriwis_&_Lyndel_Test_Bordure.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	10.19 MB 
ID:	126832

Wow, those knights are splendid !!! I love them (and they are already pretty detailed, btw).

The other city is top notch and the idea of integrate the bridge in the frame is just perfect, as it is the center piece of the whole concept (plus, I see you're going also crazy with details ).

I’m glad you like the soldiers... I must say I’m not talented enough to draw them by myself... I strongly inspired myself with drawings and photographs. I hope it’s still ok for you

Other question, the one on the right is covering part of the land. Does it disturb you ? Shall I try to do something to avoid this ?

You're kind to think I'm drawing everything without references... I surely often use reference photos or drawings, especially for poses or some particular details.

And nope, that's not disturbing at all ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    That’s right ! I never thought of that : digital brushes are easier to keep at one pixel
    How many pencils have you used yet ?
    Not a whole one, but I'll probably have chewed through 3/4 of one by the end of it. I like the sharpening process, it's something that I've developed my own way of doing over the years.

I like the knights border, though the hands on the right guy could use some work, they don't sit right to the eye. Really enjoying watching this progress.

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Not a whole one, but I'll probably have chewed through 3/4 of one by the end of it. I like the sharpening process, it's something that I've developed my own way of doing over the years.

I like the knights border, though the hands on the right guy could use some work, they don't sit right to the eye. Really enjoying watching this progress.

IR
    I imagine you with a big knife, sharpening this pencil millimeter by millimeter... That's almost as a complete job as drawing the map

And you're absolutely right about this hand... those are so difficult to draw ! I might give him a glove !!!

Hands are still one of my nightmare to draw (apart maybe from the fists or hands clenched around something). There are some good reference sheets available here and there (I got a few from Deviant Art if I remember well).

I'll manage something about this hand (what if the soldier is old, and was wounded in a battle and lots his hand ? )

Here's the result of the work of today... I think I might be over with ink... I just want you opinion about the amount of village in the banneret section. I understood this region is poorer than the barony, so I put less villages, more plains, but if it looks too empty, let me know, and I can add villages of farm.

I may try to find a symbol or some grass to draw to fill those arid plains too... or I'll just work on it with colors and nuances ?

I am at your service !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A&L WIP 201202.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	10.29 MB 
ID:	126844

A handless soldier, why not ! A more common trick is to hide most of the hand by other elements .

I imagined that the banneret section would be more rural. Maybe more crops/farms or a few water mills?
    As for the plains, both of your proposals are fine to me.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast