Thread: Arcadia -- Topographic

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Map Arcadia -- Topographic

Hello Guild,

I'm still attempting to render some realistic topography using only Photoshop, Wilbur, and a steady hand on a mouse (no satellite DEMs). Although it has some interesting terrain, this project is a disappointment for me; however, I thought I'd post anyway since it represents a deviation from my usual process. Specifically, I'm relying less on Wilbur and doing some of my terrain features by hand, and compositing various levels of erosion into a master file. The result, of course, hasn't worked well this time around, so I have to go back to the drawing board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arcadia.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	129396

Not nearly as impressive as morne's latest work, but it represents a passion and perseverance that will never die.

Peter

Still a lot of work, clearly. May I ask what you don't like? It rather look good to me.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I agree with Ilanthar here. This looks really good to me. Only one slight thing I found off was a river (top right) that starts in the mountains and just disappears before reaching the border or frame. Still, that is really small and easy to fix I would think (or have an explanation for. Several things could cause such a phenomena).