Thread: The city-state of Lixirtunem

Map The city-state of Lixirtunem

Hi all, as an exercise to improve my mapmaking skill I did this city map.

Brief Story

Lixirtunem lies in a canyon at the north of the great desert. Founded over the rest of an ancient and unknown city or a past era, the city growth in power due to the misterious magical source that lies in the rocky hill below the king's castle.
    This magical power is so strong that need to stay under meters of rock to avoid that his power destroy all life's forms. A 50cm bronze door close the access to the underground chamber wher the source is. A special cult, named the Temple of the Source, has the specific goal of study and control the magical power and no one apart from the inner circle of adepts, knows where and what exactly is the source. All magic users known that because of the Source, theri magic capabilities are improved in a radius of almost a km around the rocky hill, bt nothing more than this.

Lixirtunem is a city-state, governed by a king, a limited circle of nobles families and a council formed by:
    the Grand master of the Temple of the source
    the abbot of the Order of the Griffin's Paladines
    the Patriarch of Pelor
    the representant of the merchants guild
    the Supreme chief of The Order of Serpent's Knights

THE TWO ORDERS
    In the past, the orders of Griffin's Paladines and of the Serpent's knights were enemies. The firts bound to Pelor and always ready to protect the city and the weakest of Lixirtunem, while the other was in the past a guild of assassins and thiefs that plauged the city. After the invasion of the Nomads King that almost destroy the city, the unespected reaction of the serpent's knights allow to give a last blow to the enemy and restist to the attempted conquest. So, since two decades, the order of the Serpent's knight becomes an official power at service of the king.
    In a sign of recognition, all the nobles childs have to do a service of 3 months for one of the two orders, while the king's childrens have to do one years service for the Paladines, period that starts with the Rite of the Path (at the age of 15, every child of the king has to cross the rope's bridge that connect the castle to the Paladines fort, doing the so called Purifing Path).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lixirtunem.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	7.91 MB 
ID:	126513

As always, any comment is welcome.

hope u enjoy it.

The double view is well done, really great work. Also, that cliff lining is exceptional. My only qualm is that it's fairly difficult to pick out the numbers, a backdrop or a color that stands out more would solve the issue. Looking forward to more!

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    The double view is well done, really great work. Also, that cliff lining is exceptional. My only qualm is that it's fairly difficult to pick out the numbers, a backdrop or a color that stands out more would solve the issue. Looking forward to more!

IR
    Thank you Adfor. For the numbers of the locations, you are right, I will try to fix out with gimp.