Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge: The Avori Lowlands

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Wow! Really enjoying this so far! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levtrona View Post
    Looking really good. Great job so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Coming along nice, looking forward to seeing it finished.
    I appreciate the encouragement, I forgot how motivating these challenges can be.

Quick update before work. The most time consuming part here turned out to be getting the towns/cities placed, and drawing the trade routes and roadways between them. I still have a lot of that going south, but larger forests take hold souhward where I'm detailing next.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201129_110155525~2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	126786
    I've not gotten this detailed on this region yet, so this is a much needed return to developing my world, I'm pretty stoked with how this is progressing so far. I'm glad it's tickling a fancy or two, as well.

IR
    Last edited by Adfor; 12-15-2020 at 02:34 PM.

There's a splendid style on this map, Adfor ! Congrats for the hard work on it !

speechless. Its got so much depth.

Thanks for the kind words!

Name:	IMG_20201206_105614452~2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	126946

Working my way south, most of the woodlands are in place, including more roads and trade routes. Progress, not much else to say.

IR
    Last edited by Adfor; 01-01-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Guild Artisan

Very interesting style. Like the round hills.

Hi Adfor. This looks lovely. What kind of pencil are you using? It looks dark, and yet I see no smudges. What is your secret?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Very interesting style. Like the round hills.
    Thanks, Kier. I've been sketching hills like that for as long as I can remember, making little changes here and there over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Hi Adfor. This looks lovely. What kind of pencil are you using? It looks dark, and yet I see no smudges. What is your secret?
    Welp this little guy is about the be kaput, but it's from a prismacolor sketch set. HB if I'm not mistaken, it's sharpened past the text at this point haha. I try to stick above HB, in the realm of H graphite. I don't stray much above 2H though, it's just too hard. I stay away from B because it's too soft and smudgie.

Name:	IMG_20201215_144316155.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	127199
    There's getting to be a 'tint' as I call it, it's hard to see in pictures, but it's just the excess graphite being moved around as I draw. It's effectively one big smudge, so don't be fooled. I keep an extremely sharp tip, and dig my lines into the paper, so they tend to hold more tenaciously against the constant shuffle of hand.

Name:	IMG_20201215_141451120~2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	127200

Progress! I finally tackled the last of the major roadways for the central area, which proved a challenge, please let me know if anything looks wonky. I'm starting to dig into the southern region, which is a whole nother city state, an ancient entity known as Sunamond.

As far as the other side goes, I'm pulling my backup plan out because I don't have enough time: I'm cutting it off. Would have been nice to do another piece on the side, but alas. The corner is dented on that side anyway.

Any thoughts, Lev?

IR

PS Do you think I should add another line to the coast?
    Last edited by Adfor; 12-18-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Looking grea t! It's full of details and indications (dragon, mountain entrance!...)

I kinda like to have a second coastal line, very faded, but that's just me.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So many details... it's really beautiful work! For the moment, the map is quite loaded... I must admit that I am looking forward to seeing the colour to better distinguish the different elements. It promises to be beautiful!

Excellent drawing. Can't wait to see the coloured version.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast