Hi all,
I'm 50 years old and never drawn a map I'm UK based, in the East Midlands.

So i've been tabletop roleplaying for 37 years now, and maps have always fascinated me. Apart from some pretty shoddy dungeon maps for D&D and the like i've never really looked into the art properly. I was Christmas shopping for a firend of mine and came across Fantasy Mapping by Wesley Jones and thought it would make a good present for him. Well it arrived, i flicked through it, and now i have to buy another copy for him because i'm keeping it

As well as world maps, i'm also going to look at settlements, dungeons and encounter maps for VTT's like Roll20.

I'm happy to do some freehand sketching, but i think computer based is my path - i've been working with computers pretty much all of my life. I want to start up on the cheap, lest the wife accuse me of jumping in on another fad (that's her speicality actually ) I've done some goolging and Krita seems a good software choice, but the plethora of tablet & stylus kits at around the £30 mark is pretty baffling - is this the right forum to get a steer on starter setups please ?

Cheers, Rawhead