Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
I also still use Photoshop CS2, so you can definitely still do a lot without the latest, greatest tools.
I used CS2 until I got Clip Studio Paint and fell for its stabilizer. Not that I think you need a stabilizer, but I liked it. CS2 is very useful for a mapper, but I can tell you that it's just different enough from CC 2020, which I tried on their trial, that it'll drive you nuts the further you let the gap widen from their most recent upgrade, some aspects of which are Worth It (for example it has artboards like Illustrator) and others aren't. I thought Illustrator 2020 was way better than Illustrator CS2 though, and Photoshop CC was just 'okay' whereas Illustrator's upgrades blew my mind.

3D stuff, though. If that becomes compelling, do the upgrade. CS2 was my program of choice when I first started and it is very powerful, and I know you're used to it. You'll get away with it.

More likely: I will upgrade my tablet before you do, because... I've had a history of doing that... and I will remember you, Josh. If I had known you hadn't upgraded from a Bamboo yet, you would've got a chance at my 13 inch Cintiq before I gave it to my brother, lol. It might not happen until a device that doesn't exist yet, does, though. I want a true virtual reality painting experience and I am not impressed by what's out there yet. But I shall remember this and if I upgrade, reach out.