Thread: Dark Realms

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Map Dark Realms

Salutations everyone. I have not been posting anything for awhile, but I have been working on this for a friend.It took awhile and even though it's a far cry from greatness, it's my best map yet. As always, questions, comments, criticism, complaints, concerns, and compliments are welcome. Good day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark Realms.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	126642  
    Last edited by mapmage; 02-09-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map! I like the font you have used and the general layout of the map. There are two things that I can think of that might make it look a bit better. The first would be to phase your transition from green to white. The solid line is rather jarring and, more than anything, reminds me of a minecraft biome transition. Making a much slower transition I think would help more. Also, the mountains in the snowy area don't stand out nearly as much as the ones in the green area. This one I am not sure how to solve (I do not work with color all that frequently) but finding a way to make them stand out a bit more would make that area pop a bit.

However, this is still a very good map that clearly depicts everything! Well done!

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great map! I like the font you have used and the general layout of the map. There are two things that I can think of that might make it look a bit better. The first would be to phase your transition from green to white. The solid line is rather jarring and, more than anything, reminds me of a minecraft biome transition. Making a much slower transition I think would help more. Also, the mountains in the snowy area don't stand out nearly as much as the ones in the green area. This one I am not sure how to solve (I do not work with color all that frequently) but finding a way to make them stand out a bit more would make that area pop a bit.

However, this is still a very good map that clearly depicts everything! Well done!
    Thanks! I was trying to transition from green to white, but the black line was a province indicator. I'll be sure to make note of that on the next map. Thanks!