Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serkonos

Default Serkonos

I'm a fan of the Dishonored concept arts (though I never played the video game) and I wanted to try something that look like "Batat mountains".
    Sorry for the blurry aspect of the picture, I'm not photographer, clearly.

I must say I learned and enjoyed a lot doing this one with pen & papers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1286.JPG 
Views:	423 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	126736

Hope you'll like it!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map! I love the border but I think you might be missing a 'to ____' section on the western side. The linework on the images is amazing.

Out of curiosity, what size of paper are you using here?

By Arimel
    Really great map! I love the border but I think you might be missing a 'to ____' section on the western side. The linework on the images is amazing.

Out of curiosity, what size of paper are you using here?
    Thank you very much, Arimel! Yup, I did a few mistakes (including the western side thing).
    It's drawn on a A3 sheet, so 42 x 29,7 centimeters (or close to the "Ledger" size if you'd like).

You've heard me say it already, but I think you really nailed the art style and those mountains are terrific. I keep looking at the way you sometimes indicate the ridge line, and sometimes let the hatch shading stand by itself.

I know you said this was practice, but I'd say you're all set for a big one! It would be cool to see a map in this style that stuffed with details.

Very nice !

You have pretty good tastes in terms of concept arts.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

By Jshoer
    You've heard me say it already, but I think you really nailed the art style and those mountains are terrific. I keep looking at the way you sometimes indicate the ridge line, and sometimes let the hatch shading stand by itself.
    I know you said this was practice, but I'd say you're all set for a big one! It would be cool to see a map in this style that stuffed with details.
    Thanks, Joseph ! What kind of details you would like to see? And I don't have bigger than A3 sheets, so...

By Marc Moureau
    Very nice !
    You have pretty good tastes in terms of concept arts.
    Merci Marc ! Well, they surely did a great job on the art & background for this game.

Splendid, Ilanthar !!
    I'm joining the team of the Dishonored-concept-art-lovers, if you don't mind !

By MistyBeee
    Splendid, Ilanthar !!
    I'm joining the team of the Dishonored-concept-art-lovers, if you don't mind !
    Thanks a bunch ! And I don't mind at all .

Very good map, I really like the details like the North Whale, and small cities in squares.

Good job!

By Antoine.L
    Very good map, I really like the details like the North Whale, and small cities in squares.

Good job!
    Merci beaucoup Antoine ! Not really satisfied with all those cities and I must say it was greatly inspired by your current WIP of an uchronic Europe .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast