Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec 2020 Challenge: The Town of Hérisson

I'm honored that you draw my house and village

I can easily believe you about nighmare perspective: none of the street is straight, all the houses are different high, and different roof shapes.

Very good sketches so far, and I perfectly understand your issue, as I'm also running out of time to finish this challenge!

It's shaping well !
    And I love that cute hedgehog.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's taking shape and I'm really curious to see what it's going to look like, it's quite an unusual shape and the sketch is very promising. Can't wait to see what happens next!
    I’m really curious too Jo! I’m kinda worried it might end up not really being a map more an illustration. So I added an extra top down view in the sketch.

I’m not sure about the composition overall, I might change bits here and there.

Anyway, I decided to give this project some priority. Onto lining!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F4C1E9D-2C51-4CD0-93C7-4F1E9B52C9C4.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	127145

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow !
    Nice lineart !!!
    Keep on !

Wow indeed! And don't worry about the map/illustration question. What I am seeing in the back is a map to me.

Nice progress! The linework is very good looking.

I'm agree with Ilanthar, the back looks quiet like a map ^^

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Wow !
    Nice lineart !!!
    Keep on !
    I will! With a little confidence and a lot of bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow indeed! And don't worry about the map/illustration question. What I am seeing in the back is a map to me.
    let’s hope so! Enlighten me with any feedback, your linework is so amazing.. You inspired me to do a floral border. But I have to say i didn’t have the guts to make it as intricate as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post
    Nice progress! The linework is very good looking.

I'm agree with Ilanthar, the back looks quiet like a map ^^
    Thank you Antoine! Please give your feedback if there is anything you’d like to see different.. it’s your hometown.

I’ve made some progress, got lost on the border of this piece. Inspired by Ilanthar’s amazing border I did one with oak leafs. It fitted well with the Hedgehog I thought. I threw some cantus leafs on the cartouche (thanks Beee for adding that to my vocabulary) and started lining the center of Hérisson. I rely heavily on pictures taken by tourists roaming the lands of Hérisson. That way I can kinda get the perspective right. I’ve added my latest reference, what a town.

Name:	71B49731-7329-4CEC-9D04-275A8F6A0A22.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	127189

I took some artistic liberties to add some windows, arches, flags and stones to give it a more medieval feel. I hope you are okay with that Antoine.

Here is my latest WIP!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	E3182F48-CC42-4060-A8BC-72EB624255CA.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	127190

It's gorgeous already (and that includes the frame)!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent !!! the choice of perspective is really audacious, but it's quite all right! Bravo ! The impression is striking and catches the eye without disturbing it!
    The houses are charming, the border is quite appropriate (with the acorns) and the hedgehog is really touching!
    It promises to be a great success!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post

Thank you Antoine! Please give your feedback if there is anything you’d like to see different.. it’s your hometown.

I took some artistic liberties to add some windows, arches, flags and stones to give it a more medieval feel. I hope you are okay with that Antoine.
    I am more than ok with the liberties you took, especially with the withe/green building in the side of the river.

I have nothing to change in this, I really trust in your drawing and interpretation!

I can send you more pictures if you need to.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast