Thread: Hello world!

Default Hello world!

Hello, I don't really know how to introduce myself so... I'm a design student in Turin, IT, with a passion for designing maps, both digitally and by hand. I've found this forum by accident, and I'm stunned by the quality of the artwork here! So much to learn, so much inspiration! I'm not really into fantasy maps, I'm more of a Sci-Fi/1800-esque guy.
    As you can probably tell, English is not my first language, but I'm looking to improve it with communities of this kind. I also see that a lot of you have some kind of Patreon/Shop/commissions: I'm looking forward to learn something about how to make this kind of thing to work. Also, I'm a bit lost in this forum look (maybe I'm too young for this, but I'm willing to learn!) so pardon me in advance if I do something wrong!

Here I'll insert two of my work: one done by hand and one digital. The first is a map of The New Order, a mod for Hearts of Iron IV, the second an alternate history lore I come up with. Also, you can find my DeviantArt with all my works worth publishing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiume piccola.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	6.51 MB 
ID:	126925 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medio.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	126926

Welcome aboard, Zveiner ! Those are splendid maps you're showing here !!

Holy crap, the typography on the handdrawn piece is fabulous
    A most warm welcome aboard. Can't wait to see where you'll go from here. Allow me to bestow some rep upon ye!

Oh, and if you have any trouble finding your way around, just holler. We're here to help
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild. I second Kellerica - that hand drawn map has probably the best ever hand done typography I have ever seen. I would recommend that you start a thread in the "finished maps" section and put that one into it showing this attachment image. Do this before the end of the year and then voting starts for the annual best of the year maps. That map right there could easily win the best hand drawn map ! There are other very good hand drawn maps but it would be in the running for sure.

What an amazing first post !