Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: November/December 2020 Challenge: Verlaten Landen of Myrn

This is so mind-shatteringly awesome! Seriously, I don't really know what to say. This is just breathtaking. If I think of some critique or suggestion, I will let you know, but I think my only comment will be "Please, sir. Could we have some more!"

My (ongoing) Novel set in Arabia in Antiquity

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It’s so good as it is !
    Would a stary night sky do the trick for the background?
    Anyway, it’s a dreamy map ! Very beautiful

Unique and beautiful. Every map with a globe in it is a good map .

This is so good. I showed the progress to the friends I play with in this world and they were really excited. Everytime I look at this I find new hidden gems. The architectural border is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    This is so mind-shatteringly awesome! Seriously, I don't really know what to say. This is just breathtaking. If I think of some critique or suggestion, I will let you know, but I think my only comment will be "Please, sir. Could we have some more!"
    Thank you for being so supportive!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It’s so good as it is !
    Would a stary night sky do the trick for the background?
    Anyway, it’s a dreamy map ! Very beautiful
    Maybe, it could do the trick. I'm thinking to add a "soft old paper yellow" on the background maybe. I'm stil not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Unique and beautiful. Every map with a globe in it is a good map .
    Thanks, and this globe is an inside globe map! That's not so usual! When I did it I realize that is very strange how the light should actually get inside the world (or maybe the light is coming from inside??)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    This is so good. I showed the progress to the friends I play with in this world and they were really excited. Everytime I look at this I find new hidden gems. The architectural border is perfect.
    Thank you, I'm very glad you like it.
    What do you think about the background? Would you like me to try something or keep it like this?

I think the background is good as it is. An endless sky. Maybe a hint of clouds or a flying ship and only if you feel confident it makes it better. Working in digital media makes me bold as I can try everything and erase it with one click or swipe. Traditional media does not always allow such carelessness so only add what you think is best.

One request.. if you cloud add Terios V (as in the roman five) somewhere you’re a hero. That’s the name of the band of adventurers roaming the land.

I’m really curious what you have in mind for the empty ‘slots’ in your map.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    I think the background is good as it is. An endless sky. Maybe a hint of clouds or a flying ship and only if you feel confident it makes it better. Working in digital media makes me bold as I can try everything and erase it with one click or swipe. Traditional media does not always allow such carelessness so only add what you think is best.

One request.. if you cloud add Terios V (as in the roman five) somewhere you’re a hero. That’s the name of the band of adventurers roaming the land.

IÂ’m really curious what you have in mind for the empty ‘slots’ in your map.

MMMh... Now I've got few problems to solve:

First of it, I read your post too late I just did the proper scan in a shop yesterday, and the map is done without Terios V inscription,
    BUT
    The scan is not satisfying: it is the 600 dpi I post, but the colors and line looks very pixelised when you have a close look at it.

I think I need help on this as I'm not confident so far with all these digitals settings. What should I do to have a proper scan which looks close like what I have done?
    Maybe a good camera picture will do the job better than this?

About the background, I decide to add a discreet yellow brown shade, but it is not really visible in this scan.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myrn Final.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	7.12 MB 
ID:	127366

Few words about the map:

The map is a very old files from 1498 (more or less 250 hundred years ago in Myrn world) that is a report of an exploration by Columbus in 1492. This dude was sent by the College of AES Pecunia to have a closer look on some top island. He discovered the Crystal Moon and came back to make is report. An Archivist from Aes Pecunia compile all the data in 1498 and made a map of the aera and some point you have to consider if you want to go there.

Now a librarian just found back this map and is looking for a team of adventurer to go pick up this Cristal and update the land map. The only thing is that we don't have any idea about how it is now, and maybe some stuff changed a bit, up to the DM to make a story with that!

I'm not a D&D player myself, I don't really know if these kind of story could feet in, but I enjoyed create this background lore slowly as I was drawing it!
    Last edited by Antoine.L; 12-25-2020 at 01:24 PM.

This gothic frame is outstanding ! A treat for the eyes.

I also really enjoy the unusual layout of your map with all these floating islands.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    This gothic frame is outstanding ! A treat for the eyes.

I also really enjoy the unusual layout of your map with all these floating islands.
    Thank you Marc, It's mean a lot to me from you as you were one of my inspiration source for the frame.

I tried to take a picture instead of the scan, it looks better with this file weight on the forum.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myrn WF.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	127417

Colors looks more like my drawing and the zoom quality seems better.

@DimensionDoor: I add a small message with Terios V Let me know if you are ok with the map, and if you do, this WIP will be my last post for it!

Brilliant. Haha, that message was awesome. Mr Hérisson

I was content with the map as soon as you stated the original idea. There are so many details and hidden gems in this piece. I can only underline the comment of Marc that your gothic border takes this map to the next level. I hope you had fun making it. I had a lot fun watching the process. This challenge was worth it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast