Thread: Hello

Post Hello

Hello,

I'm Joe, a D&D DM looking to hone my skills a little and make a map of my WIP homebrew continent better. I currently have what I would call a rough draft of my map, but it's definitely lacking in a lot of respects. I have no formal or informal training with cartography, only a mild interest from looking at various fantasy maps. Depending on how active I end up being on this forum, and how soon I need my map done, I may be commissioning work. I've never been an active "forum person", so I'm not really sure how etiquette and general rules work, so feel free to give me advice. Here's my WIP map without any of my labels because they're just silly/rip-off names from books I read / games I play.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	127015
    I look forward to learning about cartography!

Hello Joe, welcome onboard. this sketch doesn't look so bad actually, and you'll find in these page infos, feedback and tips to help you improve it and your skills.

I believe that participate to the monthly challenge help a lot improve yourself, you can also start a thread in WIP section to have feedback on your map, and post the progress you do on it.