Thread: The Siege of Castle Mall: November 2017 Challenge Entry

Default The Siege of Castle Mall: November 2017 Challenge Entry

This challenge was pretty specific: "Design a fortress for a handful of survivors to withstand a zombie apocalypse. Most of the world has already succumbed to the zombie virus, and now there are only pockets of humanity left to resist the onslaught of the living dead (and each other)."

I added some ink to paper, taking about an hour to an hour and a half, the majority spent on devising the content. I knew I had no time during the month to do a good map, but I thought I could do the kind of map quality you would get from a zombie cartographer. He's a "smart zombie", but still pretty stupid, so simple sketching is all he can muster. Fancy borders and cartouches, color, keyed locations, or even using a ruler to get a proper straight line were beyond him. While I expected no votes for this map, it actually proved one of my more popular entries to date.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Mall.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	127473

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I must say that is very creative and I can see how you got so many votes... If I was a zombie I certainly would stay away from the scary nuns and make all those brain mistakes!

Guild Member

Love it! The commentary made my day! lol

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Lol, love the scary nunz