Thread: The Monolith of Heatheim

Map The Monolith of Heatheim

This map was made for the Dec 20 / Jan 21 lite mapping challenge.

This map depicts a medieval village built around an alien monolith found by the residents in the countryside. The monolith provided shelter and after a while, they realised that the monolith had many other beneficial properties as well. Before long a settlement had sprung up around it with a thriving market. But the powers that be have heard of the monolith and are weary of its influence on the population, an inquisitor is sent to investigate.
    I thought that this would be a really interesting location for a DnD game to take place.

The map is made with all traditional materials.
    - Watercolour paper (200gsm)
    - Ink dip pens and Windsor and newton black calligraphy ink for outlining
    - Faber castell colouring pencils for shading and colouring.

This map is now also up on my store where prints and ofter products based on the artwork can be purchased.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MonolithOfHeatheim.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	127838
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

The oasis-hamlet of Joppa, along the far rim of Moghra'yi, the Great Salt Desert.

Love how vibrant everything is! And all the extra little details/props really tell the story, very nice

Vivid colors and excellent shading really make this map stand out nicely, but my favorite is the artwork in the corners; the map in the upper right, the notes in the upper left, and the compass! Nice work all around!