Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Rela Luca (personal project)

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Can't rep you again so soon but a lovely map!
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What a beautiful maps of yours !
    Less vibrant colors than usual, but full of details and lovely little coat of arms !
    I really love the globe on the lower left corner... very impressive !
    And I love too the way you drawn rhumb lines... discrete but present.
    Also the capitals letters of the title are gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    You're outdoing yourself, Voolf!

Using the location on the planet as the compass rose is pretty brilliant.

IR
    Quote Originally Posted by AriochIV View Post
    Great work! I like the addition of the globe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    Really enjoy it! Hats off for the sea monsters (always a personal favorite) and the globe denoting the placement of said continent. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is wonderful, just fantastic. I love everything about it!
    Thank you very much guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I love your whimsical mountains! These ones in particular look like you pulled them up like clay and sculpted them.

I like the globe indicating the region, too, but the one thing I don't get about it is that I think the 'N' arrow sticking out of the globe doesn't actually indicate north on the map. (Or am I just turned around?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    North on the globe. If you you tilt the hi-lighted area on the globe to the left, it will match up to the detailed area in the main map, bit will agree that it is a wee bit disorienting. Still, another killer map!
    It does indicate north. As Greason Wolfe mentioned. The globe is tilted. The top part of the globe (near letter N) is actually a north pole. The detailed map area is more or less on the equator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Amazing map as always! I love how you manage to make all of the land 'filled in' or having detail. Your squid also looks extremely evil. I mean really evil...
    The land detail is very time consuming but pays off. And yeah, it's an evil squid. I mean, ships are coming and going though the squid's front door all the time. Got irritated
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I think that's what had me turned around: the 'N' indicates north on the globe, but not the direction of north on the map (like a compass would). North on the map is vertically up. It's a different way of registering the map orientation!

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I think that's what had me turned around: the 'N' indicates north on the globe, but not the direction of north on the map (like a compass would). North on the map is vertically up. It's a different way of registering the map orientation!
    You are right, I haven't thought about that. I see now how this can be confusing.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

I particularly love the trees. Do you draw each individually or do you have a brush (or a set) for trees that have a full outline?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I particularly love the trees. Do you draw each individually or do you have a brush (or a set) for trees that have a full outline?
    Thanks. I draw them all by hand.
    I made few tree stamp brushes, but event though I mix them and use different sizes I never get a "random" effect I want.
    It feels like more work to deal with several brushes switching over and over. So i just draw every forest and tree separately. That also gives more natural feel to it.
    I do not like repetition.
    New Horizons

Support:

Another splendid map! I particularly love the globe view and the sea monsters on this one .

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Thanks. I draw them all by hand.
    I made few tree stamp brushes, but event though I mix them and use different sizes I never get a "random" effect I want.
    It feels like more work to deal with several brushes switching over and over. So i just draw every forest and tree separately. That also gives more natural feel to it.
    I do not like repetition.
    Yep, same for me.
    It's frustrating, but more satisfying in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Another splendid map! I particularly love the globe view and the sea monsters on this one .
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Yep, same for me.
    It's frustrating, but more satisfying in the end.
    Agree
    New Horizons

Support:

This is terrific Voolf. So many wonderful details. I really like how you've incorporated the cities heraldry into the terrain, clever that.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Another solid map !
    Your mountains are quite unusual, yet you manage to make them look very nice and natural. As it has been said, the globe is a clever addition that works wonders.
    Everything feels clear and readable, and the subtle use of color for your markers add a nice touch to it.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast