Thread: Rappan Athuk Wilderness Map

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Map Rappan Athuk Wilderness Map

This is the player map I made for a future campaign. I took the existing regional map provided in the Rappan Athuk adventure by Frog God Games and tried to make it my own. It only has a few locations because it will be a sandbox style game. As they discover places, I will add and update the map. I am happy with it, though I imagine I'll change the font color again at some point. Never really got a good tone that satisfied me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rappan Athuk Starter Map.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	128073

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Horsefly's truly are a menace, both of the real and imaginary worlds. I would hate to go exploring in there!
    Really nice map though. It has a lot of gaming potential. I like the way that you portrayed the swamps as well.

Thank you Arimel. Those swamps will be no walk in the park for the players

I bet that map would really ping with a bit of sepia-toned texture over the top.

I also think the light blue text is hard to read. How about losing the stroke and just using a darker fill colour?

Great map. And nice line work, very smooth. It will be exciting for the players to see if fill out as they explore.
    Last edited by TimetoDraw; 01-31-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    I bet that map would really ping with a bit of sepia-toned texture over the top.

I also think the light blue text is hard to read. How about losing the stroke and just using a darker fill colour?

Great map. And nice line work, very smooth. It will be exciting for the players to see if fill out as they explore.
    Thanks TimetoDraw. I really like those suggestions, especially dropping the stroke. Was probably trying to add there when just straight text would do.