Thread: Regni Mirati Nova Tabula Cum Proximus Regionibus

Default Regni Mirati Nova Tabula Cum Proximus Regionibus

Finally! A FINISHED MAP!
    All done with copic pens, pencil, some razor and a small help from a lightbox to transfer the cartographic grid.

It shows one of the four kingdoms in the Empire, the centre of art and science. Politically still overshadowed by both the seat of the emperor and the domain of the archpriest, it's been growing in importance for the last decades. You can now hear their language in far away ports both in the Empire and outside of it alike. Now, in the times of troubles stirring in the south, with the shadows growing, they might be the pivotal point for the whole world's future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04797.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	128129

Wow, now this is intricate. Any estimates on how long this took?

Good to see this finished! Amazingly detailed, this is a feat of penmanship, to be sure.

I kinda can't believe you did all that labeling by hand.

IR

Very refined! Intricate is a good word for it, Ifrix.

Thank you all! The labeling was really killing me, the letters are often below 1 mm, as the entire thing is just A4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Wow, now this is intricate. Any estimates on how long this took?
    Definitely too long. Been working on and off on it since May, I'm not very proud of that.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The details and labels here are stunning. I am not surprised in the least that it has taken a long time. It shows real dedication to work on a single map that long (and I believe I have seen several over my time here that have taken ten times as long on a map. The commonality at the end is that that map looks far better than the average ones that appear when they finally decide they are done).

A splendor, Batat ! This is one of my favorite styles for traditional paper maps, and you nailed it perfectly !

Beautiful work, Batat. I really love this style of work, and you do it exquisitely.
    These are just a joy to behold.

Edit - yes, many here have spent long months on maps, so you're not alone there. Myself included.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is effing amazing. Probably one of the best hand drawn maps I've seen, ever.

Oh this is SO NICE!! Such respect for hand drawn maps, especially one executed so well. that hand lettering is impressive!!