Thread: Hollace, Isometric city map

Map Hollace, Isometric city map

Hi All

This is a map that I finished recently, the work in progress thread can be viewed here.

This map is a re-interpretation of an existing map of mine from a DnD campaign that I ran several years ago and depicts a small walled city in the south of the Kingdom of Tulence (The location of the campaign). The original map was one of my very early maps and I was keen to try the isometric style so it just ended up being a good match.

The map itself is done using all physical materials as outlined below
    - A4, 200gsm watercolour paper
    - Dip pen with black Windsor & newton calligraphy ink
    - Faber castell colouring pencils (a mix of Polychromos and classic colours)

Art prints and other products based on this artwork can be purchased from my store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HollaceIsometric_LowRes.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	6.55 MB 
ID:	128176
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Nice work! I like it a lot.

It's great to see a hand-drawn city in this style. We see quite a few digital ones, but pen & paper drawings in this style are rarer.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Amazing, as in the WIP thread! The colors have come out really well. I did not notice it before but the ship out of the water being built/repaired is a really neat feature. Definitely one to save for inspiration!