Thread: The Fallen Lands

Map The Fallen Lands

Hi All

This is a map I recently made for the January mapping challenge. The challenge thread with the work in progress can be viewed here.

The map depicts a region that has been conquered and enslaved by dragons. With any meaningful resistance from the former rulers dealt with the Dragons have each carved out their own domains and now enjoy the spoils. They constantly feud amongst themselves while the remains of the kingdoms unenslaved inhabitants struggle on in the fringes where the settlements are too poor for the Dragons to bother with.

The map itself is done using all physical materials as outlined below
    - A4, 200gsm watercolour paper
    - Dip pen with black Windsor & newton calligraphy ink
    - Faber castell colouring pencils (a mix of Polychromos and classic colours)

Art prints and other products based on this design can be purchased from my store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheFallenLands_LowRes2.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	128391
    Last edited by wminish; 02-17-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really excellent map. I am afraid I can't rep at all though. You are producing too many good maps too quickly . I will really have to look into those colored pencils though; the colors they produce are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really excellent map. I am afraid I can't rep at all though. You are producing too many good maps too quickly . I will really have to look into those colored pencils though; the colors they produce are amazing.
    Thanks Arimel, the comment is appreciated all the same. The pencils have been very good, make sure you don't neglect the paper though as its really the combination of the two that creates the desired effect. I do go through the pencils quite fast though as the paper takes in a thick layer of colour.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.