Thread: Cave battlemap for rpg game

Map Cave battlemap for rpg game

Hello, so i just finished this battlemap as first project since i joined this forum. This is my first ever dungeon/indoors map and i think that i managed to express whole vision from my head to this piece, so i guess that now its up to you to say if i did good also for audience.

The story of this is that this is last cave of dead branch of abandoned mine. The original staff made a special room here which was used as storage of mining equipment and something like office. Now its used by thugs, boss claimed the main room and his crew is outside. They also store here their stolen goods.

Map is made on 30x20in size canvas, 100 dpi.

I did this map with different method than my other maps. I hope you like it.

Andarr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.2.2021_cave_30x20in.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	6.18 MB 
ID:	128409

Hey Andarr, looks awesome. The cave is very roomy, looks like you could set up a real big battle in there, or a last stand lol.

Is 100dpi intentional? I wonder if you end up printing out the maps at some point it might be good to work at 300dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    Is 100dpi intentional? I wonder if you end up printing out the maps at some point it might be good to work at 300dpi.
    My own experience is printing maps at home at 100 dpi / 1" = 5' scale they come out just fine. If you use glossy paper and "Best" setting for print quality they are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    My own experience is printing maps at home at 100 dpi / 1" = 5' scale they come out just fine. If you use glossy paper and "Best" setting for print quality they are really nice.
    Cheers Bogie, good to know. Great to go easier on the processor as well while creating it.

Exactly as Bogie writes, 100 is for battle map pretty Ok settings. Its just meant to be battle map so nothing fancy needed and atleast its not that big filesize. The room is little big bigger than it should be in real scenerio, but as you say, its spacious for some variety in combat.