I've used PayPal earlier, but I've had similar experiences as many others. The PayPal fees are sometimes really high, and even worse, it seems impossible to know in advance how high the fee would be. Using PayPal, some clients covered the fees and some not, which made things difficult. Also it took many days for the transfer and sometimes without warning, PayPal kept the money "locked" for several weeks before I could get them. So it was horrible, from my point of view. But I know PayPal is relatively easy to use, trusted, and many have accounts there.

However, when searching for better alternatives, I found TransferWise, nowadays just Wise, and I use it now for all international transfers (at least outside eurozone, where I am personally). Wise is reliable, fast, and cheaper than PayPal, so I've been happy with it. (Sounds like an ad but this is really my experience.) This far it has been no problem for my international clients to use it. However there was some big problems when I first used it, because apparently it can be confusing whether the payment is set in local currency or in euros which I'll eventually want. But it works quite well, and I think I won't return to PayPal again.