Thread: The Duchy of Werland

Default The Duchy of Werland

Hello everyone, here is another section of the Kingdom of Kenland project I have been working on for some time. I finished this in July of 2020 but am just getting to post it now. Everything was created by me except for the flowers on the border, which are taken from Wappen Wiki. Thank you to everyone at the guild for the continued inspiration and encouragement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Werland.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	5.21 MB 
ID:	128691
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Werland low res.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	128692  

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

This is great. It highly resembles some old books of English history that I enjoy. Did you get any ideas from the Venerable Bede?

Very nice map, I really like the style you've chosen. It must have taken ages to make up all those place names though.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

I really like this map and your use of Middle English. What programs did you use to make it?

Thanks for mentioning Wappenwiki, I had not heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    This is great. It highly resembles some old books of English history that I enjoy. Did you get any ideas from the Venerable Bede?
    Thank you very much! I have read only a small amount of the Venerable Bede, but my style is more based on the 13th century!

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    Very nice map, I really like the style you've chosen. It must have taken ages to make up all those place names though.
    Thank you for the complement! I actually have created a place name generator using the domesday names as my source data.

Quote Originally Posted by Oridyces View Post
    I really like this map and your use of Middle English. What programs did you use to make it?

Thanks for mentioning Wappenwiki, I had not heard of it before.
    Thank your for the nice words! Trying to imitate Middle English is difficult but fun! I made everything in Photoshop.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I'm amazed by the quality and quantity of work you put in theses maps !
    Huge work ! Congratulations !

Great work! I'm fond of this particular style.