Thread: Greetings from a fellow map-lover and worldbuilder

Guild Apprentice

Default Greetings from a fellow map-lover and worldbuilder

Hello friends,

I've been on and off this forum for years and finally decided to buckle down and join in the fun. I'm a historian by training, a techie by day job, and a Dungeon Master to two wonderful groups by night. All of these skills blend into my mapmaking, allowing me to make use of my knowledge of history and cultures while also bringing to bear a variety of code and software to make some maps for my D&D world, called Patamei.

I wanted to join in because I've benefitted from much of the advice given here and wanted to give some of my own if I could, while also making sure I never stop learning. I primarily use Inkscape as my final software for pulling map elements together, but spend a lot of time in GIMP and Procreate for hand-sketches, and QGIS for some of the geospatial elements which are easier to achieve there. Despite use of mapping software, all my maps are always hand-drawn from scratch.

Below is my most recent map of a country called Daimeremos, done in the style of the Pergamon World Atlas, a personal favourite. I hope you enjoy it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daimeremos Atlas.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	128700

Now that's an impressive introduction! Glad you decided to create an account and step out of the shades of Lurkerwood, looks like you'll fit in more than well here! I really like the map you have here, it is clean and readable with a lot of cool details. Nice colours too. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Allow me to bestow you with your first bit of rep, and welcome you to the Guild proper
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Now that's an impressive introduction! Glad you decided to create an account and step out of the shades of Lurkerwood, looks like you'll fit in more than well here! I really like the map you have here, it is clean and readable with a lot of cool details. Nice colours too. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Allow me to bestow you with your first bit of rep, and welcome you to the Guild proper
    Delighted to be among you!

Nice, thanks for finally joining us instead of just lurking. Happy to have you.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!