Thread: Commission - New Falonde

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map Commission - New Falonde

First came the explorers. Then settlers followed them over the Dawn Sea to these wild and new lands, hoping to find a new place to live, to farm, to make a fortune. But New Falonde was not empty. Old ruins of vast Elven cities waited in the wilds, and tribes of orcs, lizardmen, and feral elves roamed the plains and deep forests of the continent...

Private commission for a tabletop round, showing a setting very much inspired by the 17th century US eastern seaboard. It's the first time I did a map that's mainly just parchment with shading, and issues on the side of the client turned what ought to have been a two week job at maximum to something I had to wait nearly five months to finish. Still, I like the end result, and the idea of mixing up colonialism with D&D certainly makes for some interesting gameplay and story opportunities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Falonde Upload.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	128749

Really nice work on this. I like the parchment/subtle colour palette. It's a classic and works really well. I like your settlement icons very much.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Nice work, great colours and love the blending along the coast.

I'm a sucker for this color palette and the execution is flawless as usual Another great map Sebastian !

We're doing similar frontier exploring/taming in the campaign I'm playing in currently, and this is a really cool execution of ideas that's getting some gears turning. Clean presentation, and I love that the points of interest are more than just civilization, extending into monster camps and the like.

IR

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Such a nice work with the details ! Very good job !

Completely agree with Thomas! I love the way you play with colors here.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Really nice work on this. I like the parchment/subtle colour palette. It's a classic and works really well. I like your settlement icons very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler127 View Post
    Nice work, great colours and love the blending along the coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I'm a sucker for this color palette and the execution is flawless as usual Another great map Sebastian !
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    We're doing similar frontier exploring/taming in the campaign I'm playing in currently, and this is a really cool execution of ideas that's getting some gears turning. Clean presentation, and I love that the points of interest are more than just civilization, extending into monster camps and the like.

IR
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Such a nice work with the details ! Very good job !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Completely agree with Thomas! I love the way you play with colors here.
    Thank you all! I wasn't sure how the end result would turn out as my usual maps tend to be a lot more saturated.