Thread: March 2021 Challenge: Thulor WIP

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Wip March 2021 Challenge: Thulor WIP

Salutations! I'm not completely sure that I posted this in the right spot (I've never done a challenge before), so sorry if I got it wrong. But here's the context:

In an alternate dimension where humanity still incorporates Gothic steampunkery (I'm making this up as I go along) into the arts, architecture, and just about every aspect of their lives, the year is 2450 a.d. Mankind started colonizing planets over a century ago, and Thulor is one of them. Possessing everything needed to sustain life, earth jumped at the chance to inhabit such an environment. Now Thulor is a fully autonomous territory with its own language and culture. Even the humans have evolved into slightly more delicate, thin beings with an almost ethereal beauty in both sexes. But all of this bliss is about to be destroyed. Enter the Synaptics, an army of cybernetic automatons created by a Thulorian scientist gone renegade. These monsters are bent on destroying every last shred of humanity in the universe and Thulor is their next target. Already they have made several excursions onto the planet, leaving cities decimated in their wake. But the Thulorians' power isn't enough to overcome these beasts. It's going to take one of the universe's most obscure, intrepid, albeit slightly unconventional heroes to overcome this menace. That's right. They're gonna need a Doctor (sorry, couldn't help myself)

So yeah. Please comment anything that I could do to spice it up.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210307_125628.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	396.0 KB 
ID:	128761  
    Last edited by ChickPea; 03-07-2021 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added Latest WIP tag

Ah, this, if it is a challenge entry, should be posted in the challenge sub-forum rather than in a mapping category sub-forum. I am sure one of the moderators can move it for you when they happen along. Will probably have to adjust the title as well so that it fits the recommended/proper format.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Well spotted, GW!

Mapmage, I've moved your thread into the Mapping Challenge folder and titled it properly. If that's not right, and this is not meant as a challenge entry, let me know and I'll move you back. One other thing.... we use a thumbnail scraper to show challenge entries in the gallery (see here) so you should include the Latest WIP tag with each comment that has a map update. Look at the toolbar just above the comment box. There's an icon 2nd from the end at the right hand side that says WIP in yellow. Click that, then add your image, and it'll show in the scraper.

EDIT: I edited your comment and added the tag, so that you can see it in the scraper.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Well spotted, GW!

Mapmage, I've moved your thread into the Mapping Challenge folder and titled it properly. If that's not right, and this is not meant as a challenge entry, let me know and I'll move you back. One other thing.... we use a thumbnail scraper to show challenge entries in the gallery (see here) so you should include the Latest WIP tag with each comment that has a map update. Look at the toolbar just above the comment box. There's an icon 2nd from the end at the right hand side that says WIP in yellow. Click that, then add your image, and it'll show in the scraper.

EDIT: I edited your comment and added the tag, so that you can see it in the scraper.
    Thanks so much, sorry about that! I knew I was forgetting something, but thanks.