Thread: Pathandaway - Commission

Default Pathandaway - Commission

Greetings Cartographers, and welcome to Pathandaway.

- Pathandaway is the largest city in Aeris and is the capital of the Magiocracy. Ruled by a council of 5 arch-mages, Pathandaway welcomes any who respect their laws and bring commerce to the City. One can find almost anything in Pathandaway’s Great Market near the East end of town. only members of the Mages Guild are allowed to practice any type of magic in the city. There are no carts or horses allowed in the city. Everything and everyone is either carried by magic, by hand, or by palanquin.

Four brass Colossi stand guard over the walls of the city. Legend has it that the Colossi animate when the city is in danger but such a thing hasn’t occurred in centuries...

Pathandaway is thought to be the first settlement of Man on the continent of Aris and is the main center of knowledge, trade, and magical studies for all civilized folk of the North.As long as anyone remembers, mages have ruled this city and set it’s strict laws. Mages’ influence and fear of their retribution, keep the metropolis in order. So long as their studies are uninterrupted and the laws obeyed, folk of Pathandaway are free to do as they choose, though punishments are...severe. -

This was a commission for a private world builder who needed their world brought to life. This is a great map to work on - I had some ideas for streamlining my city map making workflow and it went swimmingly, so thanks to commissioner Bertan Pinkham for the opportunity!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pathandaway Small.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	128914

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

An entire district for the libraries?!?! That sounds like a place for me! I like the colors you have used here.