Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aelorn - My Second-Ever Actual Map

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Nice map! I like the style of the mountains, and the lettering looks good. Love that compass!
    Thanks. I like what I was TRYING to do with the compass rose, but I don't like how it turned out exactly. But, that dissatisfaction is what keeps me trying to improve. I am, however, happy with the mountains. It was only my second or third time practicing the ridgeline technique, and it's terrifying - but yeilds fun results.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Freddy View Post
    Fantastic! I love how clean and confident your lines are, that's some excellent pen work there.
    Thanks. I kind of surprised myself. I'm like an eight-coffee-a-day guy, and normally my hands shake like a butter churn. I appreciate the kind words.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Clean and charming penmanship. This would be really great with color.

IR
    Thanks. I do plan to move into colour after I gain some more confidence with my technique and style. I also might find it a lot easier once I shift into digital.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TerTerro View Post
    Looks good
    Thank you, very much. I was nervous about posting. Confidence v the amazing work I see here.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice! Clean and efficient.
    I'm fond of the illustrated title and squid .
    Thank you. I had a LOT of fun with both of those. My daughter saw the squid, and, to my undying pride, shouted "Release the Kraken!"

This is a really nice map, you should be really pleased. I agree with Diamond about some of the labels being slightly confusing as to what they refer to but apart from this I can't fault it.

How did you digitise the map? The image looks very clean which can definitely be quite difficult to achieve.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is a really nice map, you should be really pleased. I agree with Diamond about some of the labels being slightly confusing as to what they refer to but apart from this I can't fault it.

How did you digitise the map? The image looks very clean which can definitely be quite difficult to achieve.
    Thank you for the kind words. I agree, the labels need work. There are quite a few things I learned from this map, and even that process makes me happy with it. As for digtizing it, that's just a straight up shot with my iPhone.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Absolutely love that compass! Such a neat and efficient map, great job!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Absolutely love that compass! Such a neat and efficient map, great job!
    Thanks. I'm not in love with my compass rose, but I wanted to try an experiment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12