Thread: New world map for Fantasy RPG

Default New world map for Fantasy RPG

Hello, fellow Mappers!

I am currently working on a map for my favorite RPG (which is Against the Darkmaster - a new classic MERP-like RPG).

I want to create the map before I start inventing all the other stuff.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the map. It is a mash-up between the Ascension and the Saderan tutorials, using what suits me the best and exploring other options in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance and BR.

Captain Ahab

Next step. I am quite happy with how the tectonics came out, and also the rivers and so on. I am NOT happy with the colors, though. I used the color codes from the Saderan tutorial, but they look rather bland, I feel. Any idea why that is (except from color settings of my monitor)?

Thanks already!

Guild Member

I've used the Saderan tutorial and in my opinion it's one of the best, although with a world map I think some adjustment would need to be made with regards to the bevel/pattern effects etc.

The main thing is that you have your map square, where a world map should be equirectangular (i.e. 1:2). Try downloading GPlates and importing it as a raster or any software that will let you wrap your map around a sphere, and you will see what I mean

But other than that, I's looking promising, some nice shapes there.