Thread: D&D City Map for personal campaign

Default D&D City Map for personal campaign

I am not good at putting my mind eye concept of a city I want down on paper that looks good so I have come here to hopefully commission someone to design the city. The city if for a D&D campaign I plan of running in the near future

Subject
    Setting: Forgotten Realms.
    Geography: Grassy plain.
    Population: 35,000.
    Walls: Outer Stone, Interior: stone or wood.
    Government: Lordship
    Entrances: NW, SW, & SE.
    Temple: 1 – Waukeen.
    Exports: Gems, agricultural, livestock, main export - cheese
    Where the 3 roads meet is a large Craftsman Plaza. The inner city is divided into Wards/Quarters/Districts by smaller walls. Along the 3 main streets inside the gates are Merchants businesses.
    Wards/Quarters/Districts: At least upper, middle, lower, cemetery/City of Dead, can have others.
    Buildings of Interest: A tavern in each of the 3 main quarters, an inn for each main quarter, a stable at the upper (for carriages) and middle (for horses) inns,
    Craftmans: alchemist, armorer, baker, blacksmith, brewer, butcher, jeweler, leatherworker, potion brewer, tailor, weaponsmith, wheelwright, others.
    Merchants: beer merchant, dairy seller, grain merchant, hay merchant, livestock merchant, spice merchant, tobacco merchant, wool merchant, others.

Style
    I am not looking for an artistic map but a practical one with a clean design. Buildings of Interest have distinct look - shape, size, color, texture. The residents’ homes are nice not just blocks.
    I don’t like linking to other people work because I feel it takes away from them but if needed, I can try to find the style I am looking for.

Quality & Size
    I will be using the map in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Time Constraints
    No real time constraints but within reason.

Copyright
    The artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio.

Contact Details
    You can contact me here until I find the artist and then I'll give them my info to contact me off the message board.

Hope I gave enough info to get an idea of what I am looking for.

Hi Tygular

I would potentially be interested in this commission. You can view my work in my Gallery and have a look at my Commission information for pricing estimates. Given the size of the city I think we would definitely be looking at an A3 size map in either the top down or isometric style.

If you are interested in my work you can contact me through the form at the bottom of the Commissions page on my website or email me at minishcartography@gmail.com
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygular View Post
    I don’t like linking to other people work because I feel it takes away from them
    Taking other people's work WITHOUT CREDIT to use in your game does. Linking to people's work in their own portfolio does not take it away from them, in fact it's helpful. It sends us traffic and helps our search engine optimization. So, just don't link directly to the images and link them on the artist's portfolio site and then we can recommend you contact them first because they're probably guild members who take commissions.

I recommend you do it, it's important to see to get a sense of the style that compels you. I suspect what you want is quite expensive and that's why you haven't pursued the artists of the maps you like. If budget is a concern, I recommend you talk to https://www.instagram.com/waterwitchrpg/ for a cheap city (this artist is not me).

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you a lot for recommending me, Tiana!

Hi Tygular,

I would indeed be very interested in creating this city map for you. I specialize in watercolor city maps, I do a variety of styles from classic fantasy, to magical, to gothic with isometric buildings. Please take a look at my portfolio on Artstation, or Instagram and let me know if you are interested in discussing the project and the price.

You can reach out to me here, on Instagram or email valeriyazhukova (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Kind regards,
    Valeriya