Howdy, folks! Who remembers Syr? Who remembers me saying this the last time I posted a map of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
This is the last time I submit the same map on these forums, I swear.
... yeah, I lied. Sorry.

So it's the year 2021. The world has gone insane. It occurs to me amidst all the chaos and madness, that it has been a couple of years since I last made a map of Syr, and I simply could not let that stand, because heaven knows I've only done like 16 of them so far and the last 4 have, if anything, gone way down in detail level instead of expanding the setting. So naturally I had to create a new one and I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want I swear.

So, yeah. Here, once again, is the world known as Syr. This setting is my my longest running worldbuilding project to late, a rural setting inspired by my native Finnish folklore, home to some of my most beloved charaters.

The main goal for this map was, once again, just get the spirit of the place on paper. I like attaching little worldbuilding and art notes on the wall behind my desk, and this one I'm aiming to print in A3 size or the like, hence the relatively low detail level. It's always been about the atmosphere of this setting more than anything else when it comes to these maps, something I feel I never have quite captured despite the numerous attempts. The map also has no forests, simply because this is a setting where the forests are pretty much covering every inch of the land, and trying to fill the map with them made it look insanely busy.

Sharing this one here, mainly because it has been ridiculously long since I last posted any maps. Please don't eat me even if I am seem to be unable to stop making maps of this particular setting.

Hope y'all are doing alright in these crazy times!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Syr2021_150.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	129826