Thread: City of Drakkenheim

Map City of Drakkenheim

It's been a while. I have been very busy, but most of the work can't be shown for quite some time, unfortunately.
    But, this one is live on kickstarter, so I was given the ok to share it. It was done for Ghostfire Gaming along with Dungeon Dudes, who created Drakkenheim.
    There's a kickstarter where you can get the map along with the book.

They asked for the style of Sargadh, but then asked for some changes to that style, mostly color.
    I wasn't thrilled about the color changes, but I think it looks ok in the end.
    I suspect Larb will like the color choice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drakkenheim 2021 upload.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	130559

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

It is much less vibrant than your usual style but still really great. The outlines around the places numbered is a neat touch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    It is much less vibrant than your usual style but still really great. The outlines around the places numbered is a neat touch too.
    Thanks Arimel
    Sadly, it was more vibrant, but the art directors asked for changes that led to a more subdued, desaturated look. The colors were changed as well.
    I had used similar colors to Sargadh.

I love your city maps. And well, I kinda prefer the more vibrant palette, yet I think I understand the idea here.

This is looking great. I like the style you've used for the buildings, it's simple but very effective. The castle is great too, and the crater.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Booooom! It's incredible!