Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hello All,

So obviously I am a new member here and just wanted to thank the web Masters for hosting such a cool site.

A little bit about me.......... Hrmmmmmm.....

Well I have been interested in cartography and map making since I was 12 and my father used to show me some of the skills in mapmaking that he learned during his stint as a Marine Recon soldier. He taught me how to make simple and detailed topo maps while we were out hunting.

I have always been drawn to games like SimCity and other "Layout" genre games.

I am now involved in a videogame development project and have been needing to develop my skills in making maps for cities, towns, farms, and overland map layouts; so here I am to contribute and learn from the community.

Hiya! Sounds like you have a good basis to build on! Do check out the tutorial section if you haven't already, there are plenty of great resources there to look through. What kind of game are you developing, just out of curiosity?

In any case, welcome to the Guild! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Default We have just a single project right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Hiya! Sounds like you have a good basis to build on! Do check out the tutorial section if you haven't already, there are plenty of great resources there to look through. What kind of game are you developing, just out of curiosity?

In any case, welcome to the Guild! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Currently is seem s to be the typical Games Studio response of "A fantasy roleplay RPG"; without stepping outside the NDA for our studio; I can tell you that although based in the WOC IP of AD&D our game will be dealing solely with the "Outer Planes" and non terra based areas of play.

One of our concept art direction right now is to create and develop maps and maps and art pieces for a "Curio Shop" that is famous in the game city for having "The map you never knew you needed".

In the lore of the game setting the characters are able to buy or pay for viewing everything from hand drawn napkin doodles to full tapestry maps.

It will be interesting to work up some og the different iterations here in the next few months.