Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials in PDF Format

True, but some many of the tutorials are a good place to start, even if you're unfamiliar with GIMP. I know many who have said as much regarding RobA's Creating coastlines in GIMP.

I am currently writing a series of map tutorials guides using techniques common to many graphics applications. While there is a chapter at the beginning that covers the basic steps used in all the tutorials explained for using GIMP, Photoshop, Inkscape and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9, the tutorials themselves only mention which basic step is being used and how to apply it to a particular step, and not really referring to specific applications. That series is called 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guides, which there are 4 books by me, and one by Schwarzkreuz. My first four books are: 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide, 25 Advanced Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide, Hand-Drawn Map Tutorials Guide, and the Using 3D Elements in Map Tutorials Guide. The fifth book by Schwarzkreuz is specifically for GIMP and Photoshop, though I don't know what is covered. Those books will be available as printed manuals and PDF files and not scheduled for release until August 2014 - though some material may be released before that.

Edit: here's a link to that successful (not running anymore) Kickstarter that funded this project: 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials KS

Here's a link to my G+ community that supports the project: 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutoirals Guide community
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Very nice thread. Now I need to find some free time to do all those wonderful tutorials.

Thanks very much!

Thanks for the awesome list! I will be looking through these!

Hey guys,

A lot of the links are 404ing. Just thought you should be aware.

Looks like the URLs for stuff has changed (probably after a forum upgrade) rather than it being a case of the tutorials not being there. They'll all need revising I imagine.

So... some links are still 404ing. Anyone has any idea on the ETA to get that fixed? Are those tutorials lost forever? I would really like to download some of the gimp-related ones.

Seconded about the 404ing. Could someone who knows how fix them please?

Quote Originally Posted by zeleza View Post
    Seconded about the 404ing. Could someone who knows how fix them please?
    The tutorials are all available if you click on the Original tutorial links.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

tried two approaches to the fast & easy GIMP... the PDF link goes to a 404 page, the 'original' goes to a thread that points here...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast