Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asheran - World Map (We all Love dragons, do we?)

The yellowness really works. Makes me rethink my colours.
    10/10 on the dragon!!
    I love so many aspects of this map. I think the most inspiring thing is the way you do the coastline detail in the timelapse, it adds so much depth to it.

I just can't get over this map. The painterly look to it, the way it seems you can fluidly edit the coastline, the forest technique. All top notch. So much to learn here!
    May I ask what drawing program you are using?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    The yellowness really works. Makes me rethink my colours.
    10/10 on the dragon!!
    I love so many aspects of this map. I think the most inspiring thing is the way you do the coastline detail in the timelapse, it adds so much depth to it.

I just can't get over this map. The painterly look to it, the way it seems you can fluidly edit the coastline, the forest technique. All top notch. So much to learn here!
    May I ask what drawing program you are using?
    Thank youuuu !

My workstation is: laptop + Huion 20 pro
    Software: Photoshop

I've been testing and creating many brush sets in the time, looking for a "smarter/faster" way to work when possible. In the end I embraced the "standard dot brush" , discovering it is all I need. LOL
    And you know, I'm faster and happier since then.
    Last edited by RenflowerGrapx; 09-29-2021 at 02:50 AM.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Splendid map once again, Ren, and the colors !!
    And also, thanks a lot for this insight in your process, that's fascinating !

Great stuff! I love the way you draw mountains these days, and the shading around the coasts is amazing, it really gives the land a 3D look. I think the only thing I can critique is the lighter colour on the water around the coastlines. The edge looks a bit too digital, with the straight lines and corners.

Oh, and the dragon looks great, and I love the way you did that title. So good.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Splendid map once again, Ren, and the colors !!
    And also, thanks a lot for this insight in your process, that's fascinating !
    Queen Beee! Such a pleasure seeing you around! Thank you for your words! I look at your work with huge respect. Seriously. You are the kind of artist who is capable to be inspiring and motivating.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Great stuff! I love the way you draw mountains these days, and the shading around the coasts is amazing, it really gives the land a 3D look. I think the only thing I can critique is the lighter colour on the water around the coastlines. The edge looks a bit too digital, with the straight lines and corners.

Oh, and the dragon looks great, and I love the way you did that title. So good.
    Oh yay! You are right Kell.
    I create it digitally by selecting and expanding the edges.

I think this is the right time to start caring of this aspect of my maps. This comment is just what i needed! Thank you!!

Gorgeous map! Very colorfull - with success - and certainly an eye-catcher!
    The level of details and the quality of the drawing is also excellent. Reminds me a little of the Marc Moureau's work (a good inspiration to have!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Gorgeous map! Very colorfull - with success - and certainly an eye-catcher!
    The level of details and the quality of the drawing is also excellent. Reminds me a little of the Marc Moureau's work (a good inspiration to have!).
    Oh wow! I believe Marc's style and skill level, are ages above me. Lol honestly. I usually get bored working on the same project for a long time (making exceptions for commissions, of course), and this is why I can't compare myself with monstrous Artists as such! I sometimes look at their work and wondering how many hours it could take!!

But I appreciate your words, and i felt honored to know i could recall of a great creator!

Thank you so much!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Truly magnificent: the colours are vibrant, the details countless, the rendering of the relief, the forests, the mountains is splendid... It's a beautiful work ! The map literally jumps to the eyes ! And I'm not even talking about the dragon : what a splendor ! Everything is very successful in this map ! Bravo and thank you !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast