Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asheran - World Map (We all Love dragons, do we?)

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Attachment 131268

Hey there! This is one of my last world maps!
    I did create this piece as a custom commission for a Kickstarter project!

I am not really confident about drawing creatures. This is why, having a dragon on the frame, was a sort of challenge to me.

I don't have a post for the progression of this map, but you can see the full speed painting just here if you are interested!

I feel that the "yellowness" of my maps reached its peak with this piece But I'm still proud of it, tho.
    What do you think?
    Lovely map , I really like how you did the forests with their microtrees scattering , gives a proper sense of scale.

Great speed-painting to see the process! Colours are absolutely beautiful and have to agree with Naima the forests are stunning and really bring that sense of awe and scale
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    The yellowness really works. Makes me rethink my colours.
    10/10 on the dragon!!
    I love so many aspects of this map. I think the most inspiring thing is the way you do the coastline detail in the timelapse, it adds so much depth to it.

I just can't get over this map. The painterly look to it, the way it seems you can fluidly edit the coastline, the forest technique. All top notch. So much to learn here!
    May I ask what drawing program you are using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubikia View Post
    Great speed-painting to see the process! Colours are absolutely beautiful and have to agree with Naima the forests are stunning and really bring that sense of awe and scale
    Hey there, just because you mentioned the forest (and this is a common comment I receive) I wanted to link to you a video where I explain the main techniques I use to paint forests in my digital fantasy maps.
    Last edited by RenflowerGrapx; 04-06-2023 at 06:36 PM.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Hey there, just because you mentioned the forest (and this is a common comment I receive) I wanted to link to you a video where I explain the main techniques I use to paint forests in my digital fantasy maps.
    That is actually super helpful - thanks!!

Those mountain ranges are gorgeous!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123