Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asheran - World Map (We all Love dragons, do we?)

Default Asheran - World Map (We all Love dragons, do we?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asheran_By_Ren_200.jpg 
Views:	1183 
Size:	8.75 MB 
ID:	131268

Hey there! This is one of my last world maps!
    I did create this piece as a custom commission for a Kickstarter project!

I am not really confident about drawing creatures. This is why, having a dragon on the frame, was a sort of challenge to me.

I don't have a post for the progression of this map, but you can see the full speed painting just here if you are interested!

I feel that the "yellowness" of my maps reached its peak with this piece But I'm still proud of it, tho.
    What do you think?
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Praise

You have truly become a fine artist Ren. This is lovely.

Your color usage blends very well in this one. And quite an inspired way to do the forests, it actually works amazingly well. Good job!
    A note of feedback, I see you have some floating stuff, like islands. I would suggest you give them a more pronounced shadow to sell the effect better. And where the shattered valley reaches the sea, a bit more shadows on the water by the cliffs to stop it looking like it floats. But these things are me looking at the smallest of details of the map. Nitpicking by focusing. So again, awesome job.

Oh, and I quite enjoy the vertical island chain you did close'ish to the bottom right.

xD
    Last edited by XCali; 09-27-2021 at 10:57 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    You have truly become a fine artist Ren. This is lovely.

Your color usage blends very well in this one. And quite an inspired way to do the forests, it actually works amazingly well. Good job!
    A note of feedback, I see you have some floating stuff, like islands. I would suggest you give them a more pronounced shadow to sell the effect better. And where the shattered valley reaches the sea, a bit more shadows on the water by the cliffs to stop it looking like it floats. But these things are me looking at the smallest of details of the map. Nitpicking by focusing. So again, awesome job.

Oh, and I quite enjoy the vertical island chain you did close'ish to the bottom right.

xD
    Aww ! Thank you XCali for your words. I believe to be in a new phase of my artistic journey, and feeling way far from a fine artist. But for sure, my "tolerance" towards what I do, got softened. Lol.

Your suggestion is much welcome! And I will try to make more floating Islands where to apply those changes!!

And.. I'm confused? The vertical islands? Might be the green water dragon south of Droxxorah?

I forgot: Glad I could inspire with the forest. I Panick to draw them, lol. BTW this brush I have created is still a little too "Aligned". I'm still working to optimize it ;P But Seems definitely my confort brush for woods . l
    Last edited by RenflowerGrapx; 09-27-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Aww ! Thank you XCali for your words. I believe to be in a new phase of my artistic journey, and feeling way far from a fine artist. But for sure, my "tolerance" towards what I do, got softened. Lol.

Your suggestion is much welcome! And I will try to make more floating Islands where to apply those changes!!

And.. I'm confused? The vertical islands? Might be the green water dragon south of Droxxorah?

I forgot: Glad I could inspire with the forest. I Panick to draw them, lol. BTW this brush I have created is still a little too "Aligned". I'm still working to optimize it ;P But Seems definitely my confort brush for woods . l
    Yeah, the floating islands without real shadows makes it harder to identify them as actual floating islands.

Well, your artistic skill has really come a distance. You've done well.

It is indeed the ones south of Droxxorah. Vertical islands was the best way I could think to describe them in the moment.

And the forests, I kind of want to learn how to do it like that. For certain maps of mine, it would be perfect! Hehe.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Yeah, the floating islands without real shadows makes it harder to identify them as actual floating islands.

Well, your artistic skill has really come a distance. You've done well.

It is indeed the ones south of Droxxorah. Vertical islands was the best way I could think to describe them in the moment.

And the forests, I kind of want to learn how to do it like that. For certain maps of mine, it would be perfect! Hehe.
    If you need them, I'll be happy to share my brushes. Just DM me anytime

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

*jaw drops. hits floor*

This is one of my favorite maps of the last year or two, hands down. The dark, smooth linework really pops, and I LOVE that color scheme.

Oh my lord! I'm just tickled all around, the statue, the blending of colors, the definite legibility. This has it all, just stunning work, Maria!

IR

Spectacular Map, love the big dragon!! If this had been entered in a Challenge, it would most likely win a gold compass!!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map! The dragon came out really well. I just hope he doesn't decide to shotput that globe! The shattered valley is definitely my favorite part.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    *jaw drops. hits floor*

This is one of my favorite maps of the last year or two, hands down. The dark, smooth linework really pops, and I LOVE that color scheme.
    Oh! I'm glad you like it! I have always been a little in conflict with my "strong palettes", cause of the cartoon-ish feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Oh my lord! I'm just tickled all around, the statue, the blending of colors, the definite legibility. This has it all, just stunning work, Maria!

IR
    Ty so much For your words! I felt really nervous before sharing this. But all the positive feedbacks are heartwarming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Spectacular Map, love the big dragon!! If this had been entered in a Challenge, it would most likely win a gold compass!!
    Well, this took 30+ hours to be completed. I wish to come up with enough time to create a personal map here, once in a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great map! The dragon came out really well. I just hope he doesn't decide to shotput that globe! The shattered valley is definitely my favorite part.
    There could be a lot of lore behind it! The map was for a D&D compatible series of adventures. You might find there more answers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast