Thread: Has anyone got Ascension's Atlas tut for the current version of Photoshop?

Default Has anyone got Ascension's Atlas tut for the current version of Photoshop?

I know I might be in the minority here, but I have the most recent version of photoshop because my uni offers it free for students, and Ascension's tutorial isn't compatible with it, especially if you're new to photoshop. I was wondering if anyone had updated that tutorial and 'translated' it to a more recent version of photoshop?

And if not, has anyone got Photoshop tutorials for the newest/current version? I'm still learning the new one and all. 😅

Which parts are you having troubles with?

I don't think you often run into the problem of an older tutorial not being compatible with the newer versions - the new versions might be able to do more stuff, but rarely less than the previous ones.
    I use the latest CC version and know the software pretty well, so just let me know if there is any specific step you're having issues with, let me know and I'll do my best to help
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I appreciate the offers of answers but for me it would work better to just have some kind of marginalia or updated tutorial, rather than go back and forth.

If anyone using the current version of photoshop has marginalia or something like that on this tutorial, let me know.

I got stuck on the lighting (so, pretty early in the tutorial), because the lighting effects don't really exist anymore. And because of how many steps the tutorial has, it's confusing to 'just skip that', since they're integral to how the whole thing works.
    Last edited by Spiderheart; 10-02-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Understandable, but since an updated version doesn't really exist there isn't much we can do, I don't unfortunately have the time to start making one.

Not sure what you mean about Lighting Effects not existing anymore, though, at least on my latest CC version it's right there where it used to be (Filters - Render), and all the same options as what Ascension details in the tutorial are still there.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.