Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Fantasy Map

Wip Unnamed Fantasy Map

Greetings one and all!

I've been working on this map for the past couple of months, trying out some new styles and I confess I believe it to be my best work of yet! As you can see, it has no name, and no labels yet but I am content to call it mostly done while I figure out the names.

This has been made in Adobe Photoshop, drawn from a base of a randomly generated landmass from Wonderdraft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unnamed Fantasy Map.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	131350

I'd happily hear any feedback for this! Aside from adding labels, I also plan on creating a political version with borders and more colour. Do let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions! I hope you are having a wonderful day. - AP.

I agree with you that it's most definitely your best work and it has been great watching you draw this on Twitch. Seeing all those little settlements and interesting locations on the map helped get me back in a mappy mood as well and inspired me to continue with my ongoing projects. The little cracked land with the ruins and bridge is probably my favourite area on the map. Would make for an interesting location in a campaign or some other story.

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelian View Post
    I agree with you that it's most definitely your best work and it has been great watching you draw this on Twitch. Seeing all those little settlements and interesting locations on the map helped get me back in a mappy mood as well and inspired me to continue with my ongoing projects. The little cracked land with the ruins and bridge is probably my favourite area on the map. Would make for an interesting location in a campaign or some other story.

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!
    Thank you so much Dhel! It's been great fun seeing it all come together and am so glad it helped inspire you and get you back into mapping. I can't wait to see more of what you're working on!

Love it. Very subtle.

That's a great map so far, AP ! The landmarks all look interesting : the ruins, the caves, the rocks, the castles... really cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymus_Blaze View Post
    Love it. Very subtle.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    That's a great map so far, AP ! The landmarks all look interesting : the ruins, the caves, the rocks, the castles... really cool !
    Aw thank you so much!! I adore all your work so that means a lot to me! <3

Nice work! Love the icons and the forests too.
    I find the coastline linework just a bit strong compared to the rest of the map. I also wonder what it would look like if the rivers were blue, matching the lakes and ocean, but they are easily distinguishable so I don't think it's a big deal.
    Overall really great map!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    I find the coastline linework just a bit strong compared to the rest of the map.
    I agree. The linework thickness of the icons and the coastline or the mountains make me think that you draw the icons after the natural background. If you draw some stuff before reducing to incorpore it in your map, you might think about that.
    Your map gives an impression of vast spaces and your elements are very well drawn. A great success in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice work! Love the icons and the forests too.
    I find the coastline linework just a bit strong compared to the rest of the map. I also wonder what it would look like if the rivers were blue, matching the lakes and ocean, but they are easily distinguishable so I don't think it's a big deal.
    Overall really great map!
    Thank you! I can see how the coastline is rather thick so will work on editing that and I will try it with the blue rivers too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast